- April 13, 2015: Heritage for Peace. An article on H4P by our secretary for the Italian NGO Gariwo: the Gardens of the Righteous in English. In Italian: 31 March 2015.
- April 3, 2015: Bens culturais sofrem com saques e destruição no front de batalha. O Globo March 26 2015. Heritage for Peace mentioned in Brazilian newspaper.
- March 29, 2015: Heritage for Peace on German TV, ARD: Europamagazin report Cornelia Kolden, March 29: 14.45 CET. Article and video in German, transcript in English here.
- March 28, 2015: Los ‘guerreros’ sirios del arte (The warriors of Syrian art). Heritage for Peace in El País – Spanish newspaper. In Spanish.
- March 27, 2015: Heritage for Peace in/on Regional German TV and Radio station (Rundfunk Berlin-Brandeburg – RBB, Stillbruch, Kulturmagazin report by Andreas Lueg / Anne Kohlick. Video March 26: 22.15 CET). Article and video in German, transcript in English here.
- March 27, 2015: On illicit trade of Syrian artefacts in Turkey, Dutch 8 o’clock news (NOS Achtuurjournaal website, report by Lucas Waagmeester. Video March 23, 2015 : 20.00 CET. Report starts at point 17.06 till 20.12). In Dutch but for an English transcription click here
- March 25, 2015: Heritage for Peace in the latest issue of journal Preservation, Digital Technology & Culture (PDT&C)
- March 25, 2015: Was wir für das kulturelle Erbe tun können (What we can do for Cultural Heritage). Heritage for Peace mentioned in the German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung.
- March 24, 2015: The horrowing extent of the destruction of the ancient city of Aleppo (Daily Mail website, Video March 11, 2015)
- March 24, 2015: Oorlog Syrië treft Romeinse ruines (The war in Syria affects Roma ruins). A Dutch news report on Palmyra from November 3, 2014. For English transcript click here.
- March 12, 2015: Die Schlacht der Archäologen. Heritage for Peace in the German newspaper Die Zeit
- March 4, 2015: The World Archaeological Congress (WAC) announces the adoption a new accord: “WAC Accord on the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict.”
- February 27, 2015: Syria’s world cultural heritage and individual criminal responsibility
- February 27, 2015: UNESCO demands emergency UNSC meet over Iraq heritage destruction
- February 12, 2015: UNESCO Director-General welcomes UN Security Council Resolution to step up protection of cultural heritage in Syria and Iraq.
- February 10, 2015: Syrian ‘Monuments Men’ Race to Protect Antiquities as Looting Bankrolls Terror. Heritage for Peace in the Wall Street Journal, do not miss the video.
- January 1, 2015: 76021 people killed in Syria in 2014 according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. Not a Happy Year at all!
- Older News
About Rene Teijgeler
Search on Website
How can I help?
- Help spread the wordMake everyone around you aware of these issues
- VolunteerWe're always looking for volunteers willing to help out. Get in touch and see how you can help!
- DonateHeritage for Peace is an entirely volunteer-run NGO, but we still have operational costs we need to cover and projects we need to fund.